Happy Valentines day friends! Let me start off by saying that I am not really super into Valentines day. The hub’s and I use it as a reason to get each other $25 gifts that we probably would have bought anyway, and a reason to go out to an expensive dinner (which we won’t be doing this year since he is working tonight).
Although I’m not super into Valentines day, I am SUPER into my husband so here is a fun little love survey that I found over at Tina’s blog. I thought it would make for a totally cheesy post, but whatever.
1. How long have you and your significant other been together? 10.5 years (shut that gaping mouth Dustin, it really has been THAT long).
2. How did you meet? (what’s your “love” story) Dustin and his brother moved into a connecting townhouse to the one I lived in with 3 friends. We shared our bedroom walls and he would bang on my wall when I played my music too loud. My roommates and I use to stare out the windows at him and his brother and we all thought they were so cute.
One Sunday morning there was a knock on our door and a handsome man in a dress shirt and a tie was standing on my doorstep. He asked if we knew where our church group met, and I asked him if he would like to tag along. I immediately ran upstairs to tell my roommates that he was coming to church with us and I called that I got to sit by him through ALL of church (oh to be 21 again!).
He brought me cupcakes as a thank you that same night, and then for the next week I found cute little notes and candies left in my car when I went to go to work every morning.
3. If married, how long? 9.5 years.
4. Where did you get married? Big or small wedding? We got married in the backyard of a friends grandparents home in Provo UT. It was very small. There were a lot of changes going on in my family life and so a small wedding was what worked best at the time.
5. Do you have any nicknames that you call each other? We call each other “poopy” and “honey”.
6. Name three things that you love about your honey? Just 3? I am not the most cuddly person in the world, but my hub’s is really cuddly, and I know that he doesn’t believe me when I say it, but I love that about him.
He makes me laugh a lot, like a lot, a lot. He has the best sense of humor.
He has the kindest heart, and he is always willing to help someone in need.
7. Tell us how he proposed. The first time we visited his family he took me on a four wheeling ride out to an amazing quiet cave spot. Exactly one year later he took me to the same spot and proposed on bended knee.
8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy, or a champagne, strawberries, and rose petals? He’s both! He is also a get-whatever-Carrie-is-in-the-mood-for kind of guy. I got a good one ladies!
9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl or a pop in a movie and hang out on the couch? Pop in a movie and hang out on the couch for sure!
10. Tell us one thing you would like to do with your significant other one day? If you could do anything, or go anywhere? Harry Potter land is the most realistic. Europe is in the distant future.
11. Tell us what you plan on doing this Valentines day. We celebrated on Saturday because Dustin has to work tonight. We had Mexican food and he bought me “Breaking Dawn” (which I have already watched 3 times. ya, so what?).
12. Are you asking for anything this Valentines day? no.
13. What one piece of advice would you give about keeping a happy relationship? Compromise!!!!! Give a little, get a little, and communicate. Don’t hold things in and when you talk about issues, talk calmly and rationally.
14. Show us a picture of what love is to you.
This picture oozes love to me. The scared look of a new daddy who had just been through one of the hardest and most rewarding experiences with his wife. We reached a new level of love that day and entered into a whole new world together.
Happy Valentines day Dustin!!! I love you more than words could ever say!