I just realized after all of the craziness that last week brought, I forgot to do a “The New Rules of Lifting for Women” Phase 3 re-cap! I also regret to inform, but have to admit, I totally had my fair share of Halloween candy yesterday. I could count on both hands how many trick-or-treaters we got, and I am afraid I am going to have to freeze all of our leftover candy, and put it in the deepest depths of my deep freezer in the garage. Hopefully I forget about it.
If you want to read a great article that will make you feel bad for eating Halloween Candy click here. It was eye opening what sugar does to your body!
NROLFW Phase 3!
I loved this phase and think that it is the best thus far. It focused a lot more on the upper body, which was a great switch up from Phase 2 which was mostly legs. the problem I am finding with all of the phases is that when I have a full body move, like the squat and snatch, I can either work my legs really well or my arms, but never both.
The workouts were a lot quicker than phase 2 and found myself finishing up at around the 30 minute mark. Unfortunately, I found out that I missed a whole section of the workout!!! At the end of Workout A there is a whole Body Matrix section with Squats/Jump Squats and Lunges/Split Jump Lunges. I can’t believe I missed that part!
I have already decided that I am going to do the entire program over again once I have finished. I would love to see how far I’ve come, and maybe by then I will be able to do a plank without having to modify it!
Phase 4, Day 1, Workout A:
This is what Monday’s workout looked like (normally I would post pictures, but I have decided that I need to respect the authors of this book, and instead recommend going to Amazon and purchasing it for cheap!)
- Front Squat Push Press: 3 sets of 10, 40 Pounds
- Step Up: 3 Sets of 10, 35 Pounds
- Dumbbell One-point Row: 3 Sets of 10, 30 Pounds
- Static Lunge, Rear Foot Elevated: 3 Sets of 10, 22 Pound bar. My legs finally feel like they are getting stronger, and my form is MUCH better than when I started the program! I love seeing progress!
- Push-ups: 3 Sets of 10, Bodyweight modified to knees. The last phase didn’t have any push up reps, so I was excited to see them come back into the mix.
- Plank: 3 sets of 60 second holds, modified to knees
- Cable Horizontal Wood Chop: 3 Sets of 10, 50 Pounds
- Which do you prefer: Cardio or Weightlifting?
- What’s your favorite weightlifting move or cardio exercise?