I haven’t participated in FMM for a LONG time, but this subject is one of my favorites!
If you’ve taken part in FMM then you know the rules. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: www.alltheweigh.com so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
1. What is your favorite thing about this time of year? It’s finally getting cooler!!! I go to sleep with barely a blanket on, and end up with about 3 layers by the time morning rolls around. It has also been nice and cloudy which has been perfect for our morning walks. It is great to not have to get up at the butt crack of dawn to beat the heat in the mornings!
2. What do you hope to do again before summer is officially over? Technically, Autumn Solstice started on Saturday so I am happy to say that Summer is officially over! We did a lot of fun stuff this summer and I happy to say that my summer has been fulfilled. I’m not much for summer anyway.
3. When did you last go on a hay ride? I don’t think I’ve ever been on a hay ride? I’m more of a corn maze, and haunted house kind of gal.
4. What is your favorite pumpkin dish? I know I’m going to disappoint so many people by saying that I am not a fan of pumpkin! I do however love almost all kinds squash and the fact that spaghetti squash and butternut squash are now in season I can’t wait to make some new recipes with those ingredients.
5. Do you decorate your home for fall? This totally bugs my hub’s, but I have pumpkins in my house pretty much all year long. I hate the way they taste, but I like the way they look. I can’t wait to carve pumpkins for our front step.
6. Do you have any hobbies that are season specific? I love to knit, and I’m hoping that I can finally finish this baby blanket I’ve been working on FOREVER. I am also going to be trying out some new techniques so that I can improve my knitting.
7. Apple Cider or Hot Chocolate? I LOVE hot chocolate, but there is also nothing like stopping at Starbucks and sharing a Hot Apple Spice Cider with my hub’s while we are doing some shopping.
8. Are you a fan of football? Who’s your team? We resisted for a long time, but ever since Manning went to Denver we watch the Bronco’s. My hub’s is a die hard Peyton Manning fan and he reluctantly watches the bronco’s every week. He is also a Fantasy Football Fanatic so to save our marriage I tell him he can pick one game that I will watch from start to finish (I’m not a huge football fan).
9. Share a fond fall memory. I think Halloween is just the BEST part about fall! I love haunted houses, festivals, and corn mazes. Also, Hanna’s birthday is on October 25th, and I would say she is my best memory so far!
10. It’s not fall until…. The leaves start changing color. There are a lot of trees on my morning walks and I’m happy to say that most of them are at least half yellow. So beautiful!
Second Trimester Goals:
I am so happy to finally be in my second trimester and kinda, sorta, feeling better. I’m still getting sick, but not nearly as much as I was a month ago. It’s time to rope in my eating and being more diligent in my workouts. I don’t want all of my hard work these past couple of years to fall by the wayside just because I’m expecting. there have also been a few things that I’ve been dropping the ball on lately. Here are my second trimester focuses:
- Drink 100 oz’s of water a day. This use to be no big deal, but it seems that even water makes me nauseous these days. I need to power through and drink the necessary ounces.
- Walk at least 5 times a week. Now that the weather is cooler there is no excuse to not be walking everyday. Lately, I’ve been getting in about 4 times a week, but I know that I should be doing a little walking everyday.
- Write down all the things I am eating in my diet minder. I’m not necessarily counting calories right now. Not to mention I’ve been counting calories for so long I know how much I should be eating. I’m trying to keep it under 2500 calories a day so that I can maintain my weight throughout the pregnancy, and I’ll see how well I’m doing just by writing everything down. If that doesn’t work I’ll have to start counting again.
These are so basic, but sometimes its the most basic tasks that get overlooked!
Don’t forget to link up with Kenlie’s blog and share some of your answers to the questions above!
Thanks for reading!