This morning sickness has really hit me hard these past couple of weeks. I don’t remember feeling this ill with my first pregnancy (maybe I’m having a boy this go around?)
The morning is actually the best time of the day for me, and it gets worse as the day drags on. I have no desire to leave my house, and I just want to have a Harry Potter marathon and lay on the couch.
By the time 8:00 rolls around, I’m counting down the minutes before I can crawl into bed so that I can awake to the feeling of normalcy… until I eat breakfast and the cycle starts all over again.
The thought of standing in my kitchen making a meal makes me want to yack, and since we have exactly 2 fast food restaurants in our town we have been staggering our dinners between Subway and Wendy’s. I can’t even handle knowing how much salt and water weight I’ve gained right now. Today I am going to try and make our dinner at lunch and then put it in the fridge. Hopefully that will help because when 5:00 comes the thought of food is stomach turning.
Things that do sound good:
- Fruit, but vegetables are out for right now.
- Sprite, but then I drink too much and it gives me a sugar headache.
- Noodle and tomato soup (Mmmm, I may have this for lunch). My mom use to make this all the time when it was just her and I for dinner when I was young. She just cooked elbow noodles and then butter, salt, and peppered them. Then she would add tomato juice and let it heat up like soup. The best way to eat it is with thick slices of colby jack cheese. Take a bite of cheese and then a spoonful of soup, so good.
- Toast and eggs. I have eaten this probably 4 times in the past week. Fried eggs, mash them up and put them on buttered toast.
- Peaches! I went through almost an entire box last week, and ended up freezing the last few that were going to go bad. I have put them in smoothies the last couple of days and they are divine. It looks like I need to freeze a bunch before the season is over.
When I was pregnant with Hanna I was sick for approximately 2 weeks, so maybe I’m due a good nausea session with this one. It could be worse, I could be throwing up all day like my poor SIL. Instead I just feel yucky all day.
Sorry for all the pukey talk. Second trimester starts on September 15th and I am counting down the hours!