Yesterday was my 1 year BLOGGING ANNIVERSARY! I had grand plans to re-cap my last year of blogging and all that has gone on in my life, but then my Lazy Type-A personality kicked in, and I just plain didn’t want to go through all of my old posts.
Here are some things that have happened in the last year:
- Lost 30 pounds
- Completed the weight lifting program New Rules of Lifting for Women
- Got into weight lifting for the first time in my life
- Fit into my first pair of designer jeans that had been sitting in my closet since post-pregnancy
- Participated in the Vegan Kick Start Program…. TWICE
- Walked a 5K (one day I will RUN a 5K)
- Made exercise a regularity in my life
- Kept on plugging away at my blog for added motivation
I can’t help but think that I should have been farther along by this time, but I also have to remember that everyone goes at there own pace, and I have definitely learned a lot on this journey. I still struggle to find balance in my life right now and have had a problem with the “all or nothing” attitude.
I made my Get to Fifty in Sixty goal in April, and it is very clear that I will not be getting to a 50 pound loss by July 4th.
Ack! This is a celebration of 1 whole year of blogging and all I can talk about is how disappointed in myself I am! Get over it Carrie! Jump past this hurdle and break the 30 pounds loss mark already! Or as Nike so plainly puts it: JUST DO IT!
There are a couple of things going on this week:
1. My mom and niece are coming into town until Saturday. They are actually coming into town so that they can watch my little lady Hanna while I am going to:
2. GIRLS CAMP! I won’t be able to enjoy their company too long since I am heading “off the grid” to our church’s girl’s camp. For those of you who don’t know what Girl’s Camp is, it’s basically camping for 4 days with the 12-17 year old girls in my church. I’m really excited, it’s going to be a LOT of fun, and will help me to get to know some of the people in my church since we are still fairly new.
Since I will be in an area where there is no cell phone service I won’t be back to blogging until next week, and hopefully the 5 mile hike I get to go on will help me to work off all of the junk food that will be accompanying us on this trip. I am going to try my hardest to eat the fruits and healthier food that they will be supplying for us.
So wish me luck, I am off to the mountains to spend some much-needed time in the peaceful outdoors. Next week I will come back renewed and ready to get back on my journey!
I know I have shown these in the past, but in case you are a new reader here are progress photo’s from my beginning weight of 284 pounds to my current weight of 254.2.
To be honest, I may have just needed that extra boost today from these photo’s! It definitely did the trick!
I hope everyone has a great week, and I will catch up with you all on Monday!