Let’s face it, March wasn’t my month. I am ready to make April the new beginning for the rest of the year. Tomorrow starts the 21 Day Vegan Kick-start, and I am revving to go full speed ahead into the next 3 weeks! I am looking forward to getting back to my lowest weight of 248, and break out of the 240′s if it kills me. These past few weeks I have felt sluggish and heavy. When I get out of bed in the morning I just FEEL like I’m carrying around more weight.
How do I help myself out with a successful week? Planning. Goal making. Executing plan, and following through. Back to the beginning where I had weekly goals, and back to the beginning where I had monthly goals. These thoughts give me comfort that I can get back on track.
- Workout 6 times a week. Ahhhh. Remember when I had no issues with this? I am excited to get started on my at home workouts. I will be adding and planning those workouts to my meal planning calendar that I complete every week. Also, I bought an exercise ball, and a yoga mat, so this expands the workouts quite a bit.
- Complete the Kick Ass April challenge that is being put on by Shrinking Jeans.
If you want to follow along you go to Shrinking Jeans and print off a copy of this calendar. This is also a challenge extended to us by Dacia, where the Monica’s Birthday Challenge is going on (I’m giving it the good fight, and even though I haven’t been at the top of my game I am still reporting my non-existent weight loss every week. I am hoping that I can catch up in the last 3 weeks of the challenge!).
- Finish out the Monica’s Birthday Challenge. Hopefully the 21 day challenge will help me to at least lose a few pounds before the end of this challenge.
- Complete the PCRM’s 21-Day Vegan Kickstart. The great thing about this goal is that I have already completed this challenge once and so I know what I am in for. The first challenge helped me to prepare for the second and so I am hoping that the transition isn’t as jarring as the first round was.
- Wear my Bodybugg. My poor bodybugg has been sitting in my dresser drawer for the last month. I didn’t want to have to update it, and be reminded of how little I was doing towards my goals. Also, it is now short sleeve season and you can see my BB clearly, which is a little embarrassing (I have to get that out of my head). I tried to wear it on my calf, but it wasn’t accurately counting my calories. I will just have to get over myself and wear it at all times.
I think that is a sufficient amount of goals for the month of April. Not overwhelming, but still challenging.
- Successfully Start the PCRM 21 Day Vegan Kick-start.
- Meal Plan. When you are eating a plant-based diet planning is crucial! All it takes is a moment to lose everything that you have worked so hard to achieve! Lucky I have a TON of recipes “pinned” on Pinterest, and a lot of recipes that I like the first time around so it is just about picking a weeks worth and I am set.
- Workout 6 times this week. Along with a Meal Plan, I should have an exercise plan as well. I will be mapping out my workouts for the week and where I can find them (HULU plus, netflix, or a video of my own).
- Drink 100 ounces +. Self explanatory.
- Take a walk each day with Hanna. We finally live in a neighborhood that has sidewalks and a walking path. This means that I am going to try to take a walk either in the morning or afternoon with Hanna so we can both get out of the house.
- Read something! I use to read at least 2 books a month, but this number has decreased dramatically since having Hanna a year and a half ago. The only times I have a chance to read is during Hanna’s nap time (which is when I usually blog), or after she goes to bed (and then my eyes almost immediately close automatically. With eating plant-based I should have a lot more energy so I have ordered two books off Amazon: Disease Proof your Child, & The 21 Day Weight loss Kick Start. Both of these books are on Veganism and the second is what the kick-start I am starting is about. I will do full reviews of these books as soon as I get them and read them.
Here is to a great beginning to a new week!