I know a FFF isn’t super individual and a lot of other blogs have the same Friday topics, but I can’t help but have a post full of random subjects. So here are a few things that have been going on today:
1. I did not go to the gym today. Instead I cleaned my house from top to bottom, and now I don’t feel like jumping out of my own skin. The only frustrating part is that Hanna and Kitty don’t understand the concept of not walking on the freshly mopped tile. I now have little kitty feet and baby foot prints all over my tile. At least its clean (that’s what I have to keep telling myself anyway).
2. I got a Kitchenaid Food Processor for $55.00 at Target yesterday. It was on clearance because they aren’t carrying that model anymore, and it was missing a piece (which I will find on the internet), and was missing the instruction manual (which I will also find on the internet). I love a good deal, but now I am banned from buying anything for a long time.
3. Hanna and I have been in our PJ’s all day long. Ya, what?
4. I’ve had so much energy today! Normally I would take some Excedrine for a little caffeine boost, or drink an Energy Drink to get my house cleaned, but today I have been so full of energy purely because I have been eating well and taking care of myself. Now I am seriously considering a vegan diet 100% of the time. Change is always scary for me, but I think I am ready to take the plunge (we’ll see I still have 9 more days to go).
5. I hear books being pulled off the shelves in the other room, and I’m afraid to go in there. I probably need to tell myself to relax, but it gets frustrating after cleaning for 5 hours. I would like it to stay nice for at least a day! Is that asking too much!?!?!
6. Last but most certainly not least, my hub’s has had 2 people ask him if he has lost weight this week! Go Hub’s!!! He is eating vegan while he’s with me, but still mostly healthy for other meals. I’m working on trying not to be competitive, and be more supportive. Men and Women lose weight so different that you can’t compare I guess.
Here are a few of the recipes that I’ve been trying these last few days (and some of the recipes you’ve been asking for):
- Butternut Squash Soup swap out the Chicken Stock for Vegetable Broth and it is Vegan
- Butternut Squash Mac & Cheeze
- 15-minute Creamy Avocado Pasta- I’m actually trying this pasta tonight, but I have heard from a few sources that it is delicious
- Chickpea Curry Burgers
- Cilantro Lime Dressing this dressing was AH-MAZING
- Honey Mustard Dressing this dressing was quick and only calls for 3 ingredients.
Any great websites you use frequently for recipe’s?
What is your go-to meal?