Sweat it Out:
Elliptical 1 Hour
Foam Rolling and Stretching 15 minutes
There is a great little Christmas Questionnaire going around the blogosphere these last few days and I couldn’t help but get in on the fun!
1. Eggnog or Hot Chocolate? Eggnog ALL THE WAY! Although I haven’t had a drop this season because of my sweet tooth challenge.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or leave them under the tree? When I was young we use to take our stockings down from the fireplace and put them where we wanted Santa to leave our stuff. They were left unwrapped and displayed nicely around our stuffed stockings. It made it much easier to sneak down in the middle of the night to peek at what you got!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? We haven’t done lights on our house, but for our tree they are white.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, I get plenty of kisses from Dustin so I figure we don’t need it!
5. When do you hang your decorations up? The weekend after Thanksgiving and they are taken down the day before New Years Eve.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (besides dessert)? A nice spiral Honey Baked Ham, yum!
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Putting on Christmas programs every Christmas Eve at my Grandparents house.
8. What is on your Christmas wish list? I don’t have much of a wish list and I already got my bodybugg, so anything else is just fun!
9. Do you open any gifts on Christmas Eve? We never opened a present on Christmas Eve because we always opened up presents from our grandparents and cousins at our family Christmas party. I am going to start the pajama tradition with Hanna every year though.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? We do a family ornament exchange every year with immediate and extended family, so my tree is a hodge podge. But the ribbons always match my presents.
11. Snow. Love it or dread it? LOVE it! I am from Utah and now live in Colorado so I better love the snow! Although my hub’s has to drive in it everyday so I have a love hate relationship with it lately. Two years ago he got in an accident on the highway because of some black ice, and so now if I see snow when I wake up I immediately call him to make sure he got to work ok, and then get worried of he comes home late. I am a worry wart!
12. Real tree of fake tree? Fake!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I wish it was something more sentimental, but when I was young (I can’t remember how old) my gramma got me a Barbie Ferrari. My gramma always got the latest and greatest presents for us, she always knew exactly what we wanted.
14. What is the most important thing about Christmas for you? Spending time with family, of course!
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? My gramma’s homemade toffee is AMAZING. I can eat a LOT of it, and have been resisting the urge to try to make it myself this year!
16. What is your favorite tradition? One year my mom made us a Christmas box filled with a Christmas children’s book for 12 days of Christmas. Every year she adds a new book to the box, and when Hanna is old enough (and doesn’t DESTROY books) I will start reading her one book a night for the month of December. Have I mentioned that my mom is ULTRA TRADITIONAL?!!!!! Bless her heart, she tries to sit down and read us a book on Christmas Eve, but I have the most ADD brothers ever, and she starts to get frustrated after too many silly comments.
17. What tops your tree? A Star, and when the afternoon sun hits it just right, it makes sparkles on the ceiling!
18. Do you prefer giving or receiving? I think that when you become an Adult with a job that pays money, you can buy most of the things you want, so Christmas becomes more about giving, but it also gets harder to pick out presents for adults!
19. What is your favorite Christmas song? Oh Come all Faithful sung by Josh Groban and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
20. Candy Canes, yuck or yum? Yuck! The only time I don’t mind peppermint is if I am trying to freshen up my breath with a piece of gum.
21. Favorite Christmas Movie? It’s a triple tie between “A Christmas Story”, “National Lampoons Christmas Vacation”, & “Elf”. I love that TBS plays “A Christmas Story” for 24 hours on Christmas. The mom on that movie reminds me of my Aunt Maryann! I love it!
22. What do you leave for Santa? Nothing, Santa is supposed to leave ME something.
23. Do you have a Christmas morning tradition? My mom makes a BIG breakfast. And we all take turns opening up presents. the youngest always goes first which worked great for me when I was young. Now I have a bunch of nieces and a nephew that get to go first. No fair.
24. Do you prefer to shop online or at the mall? At the mall, but unfortunately, we have pretty pathetic options for shopping round here, so I do a lot of my shopping online.
25. Christmas letter, or Christmas card? Christmas card! This year was the first one speaking of:
This isn’t the picture that we sent out, but we did have some family pictures done, and I loved this one!
- Are you traditional for Christmas? What is your favorite tradition?