Sweat it Out:
Elliptical 1 hour
24 Days of Thankfulness: Today I am thankful for the lulling purr of my furnace. I am NOT thankful that it makes me not want to leave the house!
First off, I am SORE from Wednesday’s NROLFW workout. Every time I go to sit I am reminded of just how hard I worked my legs. I’m thinking I need to learn how to foam roll so I can help with the healing process? Any Suggestions?
Second, I went out to sneak a candy from my deep freeze and saw that my hub’s threw out all the candy. Thank you for saving me from myself! It is pretty obvious that I have a sweet tooth and can’t say no with little pieces of heaven within walking distance.
Third, I’m hoping that this is the last time that you have to hear this, but my Body Bugg should be coming today!!!! I am so excited for my full day of being able to use it on Saturday. Maybe I’ll drag myself to a spin class to test out the calorie burn. I think that would be a sufficient christening, no?
I had a great question in the comments section on My Back Home, Back on Track post:
To be honest, I never even gave a second thought to this question in the beginning. I was excited to get my life back and that is really what fueled my decision to start my blog. I knew that if I went into this thinking I would fail then I would have never taken the plunge.
Fast forward to around week 5 where I started questioning my decision. I was doing a dance, gaining, and losing the same few pounds. I worried about giving up, and losing readership due to no progress. I stressed about making changes in my lifestyle and coping with the fact that this was not temporary. IT WAS FOREVER.
Then I had to have a come to Jesus talk with myself and covered some very important points:
- I need to be healthy, FOREVER. You can’t lose the weight and go back to bad habits. It won’t work, it never does.
- My life is completely different from past dieting. I have different priorities and different obligations. The time to lose weight is now, while I actually have the time to form new, good habits. i.e. Stay at Home Mom, Time to Plan, Time to exercise without having to get up at the butt-crack of dawn. My focus is to take care of my toddler, husband, and most of all myself. You can’t take proper care of anyone without taking proper care of yourself.
- Readership is a wonderful thing, but it is not the only thing. I LOVE the people and friends that I have met in the blogging world, and I love the opportunities that have opened up to me by starting my blog, but I started it to hold myself accountable. I would be lying to you if I told you I never check my stat’s (and so would most bloggers), but one of the reason’s is that I don’t want to fail in front of hundreds of people. A little pressure never hurt anybody, and heaven forbid people actually being able to relate to your situation.
- I get scared when I think of negativity in my posts. I am severely overweight. I obviously have some mental issues that tie them together, but it does no good to say “I will be able to lose weight when I figure out how I gained it”. I gained weight because I let my emotions get the best of me. I let negativity bury its way into my head and I get scared when that happens. You won’t lose weight without positivity. At least I know I won’t lose weight without positivity. Do I have a bad day every now and again? Absolutely (Hello! I’ve been eating Halloween candy for the last 3 days!)! But I know that there is always tomorrow. I’m not looking for instant gratification. I’m just looking to move forward and make progress, and I have come far in the last 4 1/2 months. I know this is something that I will never quit striving towards, and for that I have no fear!
- Bloggers: Were you terrified to share your journey? Why or Why not?