Sweat it Out:
Elliptical 35 minutes
Weights 45 minutes
This has been a GREAT day so I will just start from the beginning:
- Started the day with a fabulous NROLFW weight lifting session, that my husband joined me on. Dustin has been working like crazy these last few months so when he gets a day off we try to pack as much as possible into the time we have to enjoy with each other. My hub’s was very leery in the beginning of the workout because he thought all of the moves would be “girl exercise’s”. I told him the tag line of the book was “lift like a MAN, look like a goddess”. That’s right, these are MAN moves. He was a good sport and got through the whole workout. He said that he was even more impressed with me and my progress, now that he has gotten to do a workout with me. He told me that his hamstrings are already sore and his abs will be feeling the burn tomorrow morning after the planks we did today!
- After getting ready I went to my closet to find something to wear, and by chance put on a pair of jeans that I bought post-pregnancy as a motivator to start getting back in shape. They are a size smaller than I was (at the time) and they were normally $80. I bought them on sale for $20. I put them on and they finally fit! Then I tried on one of my smaller shirts that hasn’t fit in a couple of years, and it fit as well! Holy crap! I should have taken a picture (now I’m all comfy in my PJ’s so I’ll have to take a picture later)!
- Old Navy is currently having a sale on all of their active wear. I thought we should check it out since I am in dire need of new gym clothes. I went in feeling hopeful, but defeated after holding up some of the compression pants and they didn’t seem to fit. My husband FORCED me to take them to the dressing room. Thinking of the disappointment I would feel after having such a fun morning, I reluctantly tried them on thinking that at least it would give me some motivation to keep going to the gym. They slipped right on. No, seriously, they fit, and they fit good. I came out of the dressing room in shock and mouthed the words to my hub’s “they fit!” across the store. I was excited, I felt good, and my husband had a look of pride for me on his face all day long.
- This is what I’m talking about. I am seeing the results of my hard work, and it only makes me want to work harder. I also got some pretty cute new gym clothes that I get to wear to the “Rollin on the River 5k” tomorrow. My foot is starting to feel a little better, so I think I will be doing an easy walk tomorrow, and I don’t plan on finishing in any set time. I could possibly even be the last person, but I am there to support my friend and have fun with our group.
There is one other thing that I wanted to mention that I am excited about, but I think it deserves its own post so I will be giving it its own post on Sunday, but it is exciting for me and I hope you will all tune in!
What is something exciting that happened to you today?!
“The New Rules of Lifting for Women” Day 5, Phase 3, Workout A
- One Armed Dumbell Snatch: 3 sets of 6, 20 pounds
- Dumbell Single-leg Romanian Deadlift: 3 sets of 6, 30 pounds
- Barbell Bent Over Row: 3 sets of 6, 40 Pounds
- Dumbell single arm overhead squat: 3 sets of 6, 5/15 Pounds
- Dumbell incline Bench Press: 3 Sets of 6, 40 pounds
- Plank: 3 sets of 60 seconds
- Horizontal Wood Chop: 3 sets of 6, 60 pounds