This week I….
1. finished a few of my party invites for Hanna’s bday, and I have to admit they turned out pretty cute:
I made it HUGE so you could see all the fine detailing. This is a pretty big deal for me considering that I am not that crafty of a person. It’s a good thing that I have friends who are. My friend Vanessa helped me come up with some ideas. She actually sells party supplies that are custom-made over at Overdramatic Party Girls. Check out her site, they have some CUTE stuff!
2. got 5 days in at the gym, and started “New Rules of Lifting for Woman” Phase 3.
3. Started adding more veggies into my diet and I’m seeing some good results so far.
Which is so sad, but true. And in case you didn’t know homemade carrot cake with cream cheese frosting is my favorite kind of cake (no nuts, no raisins). Side note: I hate eating anything that has nuts or raisins in it. I like nuts plain and I like raisins plain, but there is just something about when you use them to bake that makes me want to wretch.
4. Wrote my most personal post to date about my first food binge.
5. Read an awesome article on foods that help to build lean muscle mass on Livestrong.com. I am pleased to see that I eat most of these foods already, and that chocolate milk is a good post workout replenisher. Did I go out and buy some chocolate syrup right away? I sure did! And yes, I know moderation in all things. Blah, blah, blah.
6. Started getting excited to come to Utah at the end of the month, and I am already starting to plan where we are going to shop and do other things. We have some gift cards to spend and people to see. I’m so excited! My hub’s has been working his himself to the bone, and it was all so that we could enjoy ourselves on our mini vacation, and enjoy the holidays. We are also going to be visiting my brother in Arizona for Christmas this year and we bought our tickets this last week. I get so excited to see family! I am also excited to be able to take Hanna to some pumpkin patches and do some fun Halloween activities!
7. Made a goal that my attitude needs to change. I’ve been so frustrated these last couple of weeks from having no weight loss, and I know I need to buckle down and just get it done. I have a goal to hit my 10% goal by the time I go to Utah in 2 weeks. That’ s 4 pounds in 2 weeks which is totally doable. That way I can go to Utah feeling good and motivated to keep it up.
What is something you did this week?