This post kicks of week 2 of the Fire it Up for Fall Challenge! If you missed the first post you can read it here.
I know it doesn’t LOOK inspiring, but it’s inspiring in the fact that it helps remind me that a 1 pound loss is still 1 more pound less that I have to lose. Looking at a 120 pound goal weight loss is overwhelming, and this little picture helps remind me that with time I will get there. And maybe one day I will strike a pose like that on the scale!
Here is a great quote that describes my entire attitude towards weight loss:
“The whole idea of motivation is a trap. Forget motivation. Just do it. Exercise, lose weight, test your blood sugar, or whatever. Do it without motivation. And then, guess what? After you start doing the thing, that’s when the motivation comes and makes it easy for you to keep on doing it.”
-John C. Maxwell (Source)
When I found that, I thought to myself, this is me in a nut shell.
5 Questions of the week:
1. What have you done this week to help you achieve your goals? What haven’t I done?! I currently have 4 challenges going on right now. One that started this last week was the Gold’s Gym 8 week challenge. Then I extended the 6 days of perfection challenge where I track everything I eat everyday and get all of my healthy checks in.
2. What have you done to make yourself feel fabulous? I’ve eaten better everyday, and in turn it has made me feel good about myself. It has made me a happier person all week-long.
3. What is your talent (generally everyone has something big or small)? I feel like a lot of my talents are hard to explain. A simple one is I can sing. This next one I never believed until a few years ago, but I am a leader. I have the power of persuasion (not to be confused with manipulation), and I have very good communication skills (and help people who can’t communicate, or won’t, to open up). I was in retail management for almost 10 years and I ALWAYS got along with my staff, even when it wasn’t easy. I never really looked at any of that as a talent, until I started looking around and noticing that I was better at it than a lot of other people.
4. What’s been the highlight of your week, toot your horn, what are you proud of? My 3.4 pound weight loss! I have moved down a decade of numbers and am now in the 250′s. I am only 5 pounds away from my 10% Weight Watchers goal and this will be the first official time that I have not quit WW before I got to my 10% goal!
5. Fun Question: What’s your guilty pleasure TV show? I don’t think I really have a guilty pleasure TV show, at least none that I am embarrassed by. A weird one is probably “Keeping Up With the Kardashians”. They drive me INSANE and it only makes me angry when I watch it because they are so out of touch with reality, but I find myself glued to an episode if I haven’t seen it. My only hope is that the other people watching it share my attitude towards them. Man I hate that show.
Monday’s are full of fun post’s so check back for Friend Making Monday!