Sweat it Out:
Elliptical 5 minute warm-up
40 minutes weights
1 hour Elliptical
This morning was the first time that I felt a serious amount of progress at the gym. It was when I did the push-up portion of my wight lifting exercises. I could tell that my body had a fuller range of motion. My abs felt engaged, my back felt straight, and I can almost go half way down. THIS IS HUGE PEOPLE! When I started the program a month ago, I could barely stay on my knees and when I did I could only hold my body weight down about 2 inches. I wish I would have taped how I was in the beginning doing this exercise because I know I have come so far! I didn’t feel like my stomach muscles were going to cave when I was in downward motion (thank you prone jack-knife), and I felt strong. I am absolutely abuzz with endorphins!
Today was day 13, phase 1, workout a, and the beginning of the last week of phase 1 for “The New Rules of Lifting for Women”. I am so excited to do the fitness test next week, and then start phase 2 the week after that! Here is what my workout looked like today:
- Squats: Warm-up 50 pounds, S1-3 70 pounds, 8 reps.
- Seated Row: Warm-up 50 pounds, S1 90 pounds, S2-3 8 pounds.
- Push-ups: Girlie style, 3 Sets of 8 reps (had a HUGE improvement this week!).
- Step-ups: 22 pound bar, went up one lift on the stepper and felt it A LOT more.
- Prone Jack Knives: 3 sets, 15 reps.
- Sunday: Traditional
- Monday: Italian
- Tuesday: Mexican
- Wednesday: Soups
- Thursday: Breakfast
- Friday: Asian
- Saturday: Pizza
- Monday: Italian Ground Turkey Meatloaf with roasted broccoli
- Tuesday: Chicken Taco’s with corn salsa
- Wednesday: Split Pea Soup
- Thursday: Protein Pancakes with Strawberries and Blueberries
- Friday: Chicken Stir-fry
- Saturday: barbeque Chicken Pizza
- Sunday: Pork loins baked with Apples and Cinnamon with a roasted veggie from Bountiful Baskets