Sweat it Out:
5 Minute Elliptical Warm-up
20 Minute Weights
45 Minute Elliptical
Last night I got some bad new from my hub’s about our
stupid reliable Jeep Liberty. Back story: My hub’s got in a pretty gnarly accident in February 2010 and totaled our Dodge Ram 1500. It was kind of a blessing in disguise considering it got about 18 miles to the gallon and my hub’s has an hour commute to and from work. Dustin did his research and found a car that he could drive to work, still had 4 wheel drive, and would get about 28 miles to the gallon. At the time we thought it was a pretty sweet deal. We have since changed our minds. The first 3 months we had it, we bought an extended warranty, and then it had to go into the shop for a problem that didn’t get identified for 3 WEEKS! After driving a rental car for almost a month and $4500 later our sweet deal of a car turned out to be a decision that we kind of regretted (my hub’s who has a hard time saying he’s wrong still says that it has saved us a bunch of money on gas, which is true I guess, I love you Dustin!).
So last night my hub’s told me that the turbo was making a hissing noise, and that I would have to take it to the dealership to have it looked at today. You know what my only thought was? ”You mean I won’t have a car to go to the gym tomorrow to finish out my lifting for the week!!!???” I didn’t care that we had ANOTHER bill that was in the mix, or that we’d be without a car for the weekend (which we actually got a rental through the dealership with our warranty). I was worried that I couldn’t get to the gym. That’s new. I think that it pretty cool that I’m forming a new habit and I am actually enjoying the gym.
Todays workout was Day 6, Phase 1, Workout B:
- Deadlifts 2 Sets, 12 Reps, 50 Pounds
- Wide Grip Lateral Pull down 2 Sets, 12 Reps, 70 Pounds
- Shoulder Press 2 sets, 12 Reps, 12.5 Pounds each
- Lunges 2 Sets, 12 Reps, Body Weight, 1 leg at a time
- Swiss Ball Crunch, 2 Sets, 10 Reps, 25 Pounds
- Chris Brown, “Forever”: yes this guy is a super-douche and they had this song on that dumb You Tube Wedding Video, but I can’t help but love this song. It reminds me of my hub’s and I secretly dubbed it “our song” and just told him about it a few days ago.
- Bond, “Explosive”: Strings+Phat Beat+Electric guitar? Yes, please. I just got introduced to this band and this song is pretty bad a** and makes you want to work that cardio machine until its begging for mercy.
- Jennifer Lopez (featuring Pitbull) “On the Floor”: Don’t be fooled by the rocks that I got. J. Lo’s music is full of phat beats and horrible lyrics in which to zone out to. Thanks Jennie from the block.
- Edward Maya & Vika Jigulina “Stereo Love”: I’m pretty sure Jlo stole a portion of the above song for this one, they sound a lot alike and my ipod always plays one after the other even when it’s on shuffle. Coincidence?
- Black Eyed Peas “Rock that Body”: Personally I think the BEP’s are sell-outs, and Fergie should put a paper bag over her face ( I know that’s mean, sorry). But they make me want to shake my caboose on the Elliptical.
- Alice Deejay “Better Off Alone”: This takes me back in the day when I use to go clubbing on the weekends and lived on starbursts, Gatorade, & beef jerky (remember Shalee?). Ah to be 21 again, sigh. The video reminds me of a workout video.
- Pussycat Dolls “Jai ho”: An adaptation from the “Slumdog Millionaire” movie. This song gets me going.
- Britney Spears “Till the World Ends”: I am outing myself. I love Britney Spears. Not so much her as a person, but her music makes me want to move.
- Britney Spears “I Wanna Go”: I don’t need to justify myself. I love her, nuff said.
- Nicki Minaj “Superbass”: Love her, hate her wigs. She looks like messed up barbie. Her butt puts Kim Kardashians to shame.