Another week, another set of goals to check off the list. Despite last weeks weight loss trouble I’ll still say it really wasn’t that bad of a week. I did however, stress myself out so bad that I skipped the jaw clenching and went straight to a cold sore. Yes, I am plagued with cold sores that come when I stress myself out, and they make me self-conscious, and they hurt like a mother. Luckily, its in between my lip and my nose so nobody will ever see it, right? Ha! But it is the least painful spot I guess.
Anyway, enough gross stuff, let’s see how I did on my last weeks goals!
1. Go to the Gym 5 Times. Check yourself before you wreck yourself because I KILLED it at the gym this week (and I’m not talking about the old lady I was racing on the elliptical). I got 3 sessions in of weightlifting and 225 minutes of cardio. The weird thing was…….I felt great, like could have worked out twice in one day great. I haven’t had good workouts like these in years, and I am LOVING it!
2. Mock run through of “The New Rules of Lifting for Women”. It was more convenient for my buddy, Kelly, to just start the program on Monday, so there was no “mock” about it. We dove headfirst!
3. Track. Didn’t happen everyday. This was a ROUGH week for me eating wise. I now have it back under control, but it was touch and go for a couple of those days.
4. Baby proof house. Hanna won’t be getting her little fingers in the litter box, because this task is done and done. Socket covers and gates are now all through our house.
5. Work on baby blanket. Didn’t happen. Converting my blog over to WordPress took a nice chunk of my time this week, and that’s ok.
I am excited to get this week started! I’ve gotten myself back on track eating wise and I am hoping to see a loss at the weigh in on Thursday. So without further ado……
Start of the week Sunday Goals!
1. Stay Positive! I learned a very good lesson this last week about staying positive. When you don’t, it will kill your efforts. I gave up for 2 days because I let the negative take over my brain.
2. Do 5 minutes of daily affirmation. “I’m good enough, I’m smart enough, and doggone it, people like me”. Stuart Smalley had one thing right besides comedic gold. Daily Affirmations work! I remember that my mom use to leave me notes and quotes on bright neon paper that she would stick to my mirror. They would be the first thing I saw in the morning, and as much as I rolled my eyes at how cheesy it was, I would stand a little taller that day. Try it! See if it makes a difference in your day!
3. Daily Tracking. I really don’t know why I’m not better at this. I love charts and graphs, it is such a great way to measure success. This will most likely be a staple goal from here on out.
4. Kick up the cardio at the gym. I have proved to myself in the last 2 weeks that going to the gym makes me feel amazing! I have already been able to tell a difference in my muscles from only 3 sessions of weight lifting. I think I can benefit even more by doing longer cardio intervals. On the days that I lift I will be doing 45 minutes of cardio. On the days that I don’t lift, 1 hour. I’m hoping that will help me see a weight loss in lieu of all the lifting.
5. Research Gluten free/Wheat free foods. About 2 years ago I had a chiropractor that I went to tell me I had an allergy to wheat. When I eat copious amounts of wheat products I feel lethargic, get headaches, and kind of yucky. This week I am focused on eating more “Real” foods like lean protein, fruits, and vegetables. it will most likely make a difference in the weight loss as well.
Ah, the world is right again with a new set of goals to focus on for this week. I’m excited to start week 2 of the first stage of “The New Rules of Lifting for Women”. I’m seeing such a difference already, that I am hooked!
What’s a goal that you have set for yourself this week?
How do you kick up your workout?