Name that song. My mom made me listen to oldies growing up.
I had another great week! Honestly, when I got on the scale I thought it was going to read the same number as last week. But it just goes to show that when you make small changes good things will happen over time:)
Some success’ from this past week:
- Worked out 5 times! It would have been six, but Hanna started doing Gymnastics on Saturday mornings and it threw me off. This week I will plan better. I’m finding that I will eventually need to wake up at 6am a couple of mornings a week to accommodate me and the kids schedule’s.
- Drank a gallon of water every day. I’m actually really good at drinking water. It has been a habit that has stuck with me since I got off of the sauce (Diet Coke) about 13 years ago.
- I didn’t step on the scale the entire week. I know that there are some people who do really well with weighing in everyday, but I am not one of them. I want to see a loss everyday, and that is just not possible when you are losing weight as slowly as I am. With the weight fluctuating daily it makes me insane and then I eventually binge.
- I had no ice cream. I know this seems small, but since this last pregnancy I have had ice cream at least once or twice (or more!) a week.
- I replaced one meal a day with a green protein smoothie. This helped me to keep my calories in check by having a very low-cal meal every morning to start my day.
- I got my 10,000 steps in EVERYDAY. Movement is one of my big challenges. Even when I workout I tend to park my butt on the couch for the rest of the day. On Sunday I forgot to put my Fitbit on before I went to church so I was at about 200 steps by the time 1:30 rolled around. I spent the rest of the day trying to get in all of my steps (that meant walking around my living room while watching Supernatural) and finally got them all in by 9:30. I felt so much better.
So how did it show on the scale?
Starting weight 8/10/15: 288.5 lbs
Last week’s weight: 285.3 lbs
This weeks weight: 284 lbs
Total week’s loss: -1.3 lbs
Total overall loss:- 4.5 lbs
See? Not bad.
Another plus to this week? The hub’s is down 6 lbs as well:)
This Week’s Goals:
- Continue writing all food down in my food journal
- Meal Plan (already done, woot! woot!)
- Workout 6 times
- Drink one gallon of water a day
- Keep eating to three meal a day plus one snack
Here’s to another great week!